Work with Global Language Translations and Consulting as an editor or project manager trainee for at least a semester, extending to an as yet undetermined future date which may coincide with the maximum limit of the student’s eligibility for an internship program.
Our current salary rate is negotiable and can be determined at such time as the student’s eligibility for working with GLTaC is confirmed.
We would like to begin as soon as possible in order to familiarize the intern with our e-commerce system which runs our global business almost entirely over the internet.
This offer represents an opportunity for someone with solid communication and problem-solving skills to work in an environment under a professional project manager’s supervision. The intern would become a better communicator, expand their problem-solving ability, and learn more about the language industry.
Work with Global Language Translations and Consulting as an Independent Contractor. We are looking for qualified native-language translators, often possessing both degrees and work experience in their respective fields.
Area of Expertise needed
The following are skills we need most. Apply if you have a Ph. D. or at least 5 years of work experience in one or more of these areas.
- Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) – must be familiar with GHS and regulatory requirements for your country/region.
- Chemistry (Ph. D. level) – must be able to correctly and accurately translate chemical names.
- Medical – must be familiar with user instructions on package inserts, home test procedures, prostate cancer related terminology.
- Biology – must be familiar with Latin species names.
- Mechanical Engineering – must be broadly familiar with a variety of tools, maintenance items, support equipment.
- Information Technology – must be familiar software user manuals.
Current languages sought
The following are languages we need most.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- French (France)